Give your release the brilliance it deserves!
What is Mastering?
Mastering is the process of putting the final polish on your project. It is the last step between mixing and distribution (be it through vinyl, CD, or digital download). It is the final opportunity you have to make any corrections or improvements to your mixes.
In Mastering, we can:
- Correct EQ imbalances not only within tracks, but also across an entire album of songs, so there is a consistency to the overall sound of the album – in effect, making sure all of the songs sound like they are part of the same album.
- Enhance the punchiness and bite of the mixes with judicious use of compression, helping the dynamics to best serve the song and stand up to comparison with major label releases.
- Sequence and assemble the project to give your album its best possible presentation as a cohesive work.
- Accomplish any last minute editing within songs as you deem appropriate.
- Remove stray clicks, pops and other extraneous noises that may have crept in over the course of the project.
- Apply final dynamic compression and limiting in order to reasonably bring the playback volume of the tracks up to a level competitive with other artists in your genre, without compromising the immediacy and dynamic range of your music.
Why A. Hammer Mastering?
At A. Hammer Mastering, we combine the engineering expertise of a seasoned Mastering Specialist with the artistic sense of a working musician and the technology of a combined digital and analog mastering environment to give your album the best possible transition from the studio to the pressing plant. We are proud to be able to offer the highest quality Mastering at a price point accessible to today’s independent artists. We can enhance your good work to make it great — all with completely professional results at rates you can afford.
You can get started right away by uploading your files at our Uploads page.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. Contact us today and discover the difference that truly professional mastering can make!